Calling all scented candle fiends: Here's a surprise giveaway I think you might like! Meet Old Factory, makers of high-quality soy wax scented candles, available exclusively on Amazon. Awesome fragrances AND an amusing name? Sold! :D
A little background info: Old Factory Candles are hand-poured in the USA with natural soy wax, have self-trimming wicks, and are made with premium fragrance oils. The gift sets contain three 2oz candles in a variety of scents and supposedly have a 20 hour burn time. I haven't had my set long enough to test that claim, but one of them has passed the 12 hour mark and is still going, so I'm optimistic.
The candles come in glass jars with lids. I like it when candles have lids because (a) it keeps dust out and (b) it keeps the scent from leeching into your other candles if you store them in a drawer for a while. Yay! The labels on the front of the candles are all uniform, but the scents are clearly marked on the bottom:
Old Factory Candle gift sets come in several different themes. I chose the Winter Wonderland set, which contains the following scents:
- Hot Cocoa: This scent is SO spot-on. It doesn't just smell like chocolate—it has that delicious powdery sweetness that instant hot cocoa packets have. Think Swiss Miss, but in candle form! This was my favorite of the bunch and it had the strongest throw, in my opinion.
- Roasted Chestnut: I can't remember what real roasted chestnuts smell like so it's hard for me to compare, but this candle has a pleasantly nutty (and vaguely sweet) scent. This one had the softest throw of the bunch.
- First Snow: I don't know what "first snow" really smells like, but on cold sniff this smells a bit like bathroom cleaner, haha. Once lit it smells faintly of pine trees? It's nice and "fresh", in any case. Moderate throw.
I liked all three of the scents in this set, but I would totes buy a bigger size of hot cocoa if I happened upon it. It smells like pure deliciousness.
|Pictured next to a Yankee Candle small jar for size reference.|
Overall, the Winter Wonderland set turned out to be better than I expected, and I think that it's of good enough quality to be given as a gift. The Old Factory Candle gift sets cost $25 each and are eligible for Amazon Prime shipping, making them an ideal choice for a no-hassle gift to send to faraway friends and family.
Not interested in the Winter Wonderland theme? They have a number of other candle sets available:
Links to all the sets for your browsing convenience:
- New Born Baby
- Coffee Shop
- Fall Harvest
- Fresh & Clean
- Happy Holidays
- High as a Kite
- Man Cave
- Spa Day
- Winter Wonderland
- 50 Shades
My aunt thought the "High as a Kite" set was hilarious. Just saying. In any case, Old Factory has offered up a voucher for one of their candle sets to give away, so get entering if you think someone on your gift list would like these! Even if that someone is just you. ;)
RULES AND IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- To enter, use the Rafflecopter widget below. Each entry method may be done once per person except for retweets, which may be done once per person per day. The full Terms & Conditions can be found in the Rafflecopter widget. This giveaway is open to residents of the 50 United States only except where prohibited by law.
- The prize is one Amazon voucher code redeemable for one of Old Factory Candles' gift sets (retail value $25). You must have an Amazon.com account to redeem the prize. These candle sets ship free with Amazon Prime, but if the winner doesn't have a Prime account then Old Factory will reimburse standard shipping costs via Paypal. You must have a valid Paypal account to get the shipping reimbursement!
- The giveaway ends at 11:59PM EST on December 2nd, 2014 and one winner will be selected at random via Rafflecopter.
- The winner will be contacted via e-mail and has 48 hours to respond in order to claim their prize, so make sure you're logged into Rafflecopter with a valid e-mail address. If the first winner fails to respond in time, another will be drawn at random.
Good luck! :) What do you think of Old Factory Candles? Which scent set would you choose?
Disclosure: The candle set and giveaway prize featured in this post were provided by Old Factory Candles for review and promotional purposes, however any opinions expressed above are honest and my own. I did not receive any other form of compensation. This post contains affiliate links. For more information, check out my full disclosure policy.