I believe in being completely transparent and honest, so this section outlines what types of paid/sponsored content you might find on this site, as well as the general site policies.
HelloPrettyBird.com accepts paid advertising in the form of affiliate links, press samples, sponsored posts and banner advertisements including ads served through the Google AdSense network.
HelloPrettyBird is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, as well as SkimLinks and a number of individual brand affiliate programs. I do not have control over the ads AdSense chooses to display, so the appearance of such ads in my sidebar does not necessarily mean I endorse those individual products/services. As for other forms of compensation, I place buttons at the top of each of my blog posts indicating whether or not there is some form of paid advertising present in the content of the post. Here is a quick guide to what those buttons mean:
- Affiliate Links means there are affiliate links present in the post, which is to say that I may earn a commission if you click through and/or make a purchase through them.
- Press Sample or PR Sample means I got a free product or sample for review purposes directly from a brand, PR agency, vendor or WOM agency such as BzzAgent, Influenster etc.
- Sponsored means that I received monetary compensation for the post.
- Freebie means I received a free sample that was also available to the general public. This could include things like sampler sachets from department stores or magazines, brand Facebook giveaways etc. I stopped using this tag in early 2014 because it was confusing, so you will only see it on older posts.
- Bought It means I bought the product(s) featured in the post with my own money. Not necessary to disclose this, but it helps clarify things!
All of the posts on this blog reflect my own HONEST opinions, observations and experiences.
For realsies. When I accept products for review, all of the opinions expressed in those reviews are 100% my own and will only be influenced by my own experiences—good or bad. I do accept sponsored (paid) posts sometimes, but only for brands that I personally use and/or think would be interesting and useful to my readers, and any opinions expressed in those types of posts are also honest and my own.
The purpose of this site is to express opinions.
Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider directly, and I am not liable for any experiences you may have with any product discussed on my site. Furthermore, Rebecca and HelloPrettyBird.com are not responsible for content you may experience on external sites.
The product information in my posts could change at any time subject to the whims of the merchant/manufacturer, and may not be updated to reflect those changes.
In other words, I try to provide accurate details about prices, ingredients, sources etc. for the goods and services I review on HelloPrettyBird.com, but please be aware that merchants/service providers can change the availability, prices, formula etc. of their goods at any time, and that that is beyond my control. If you're wondering how current something is, just check the posting date! Rebecca B. Bird and HelloPrettyBird.com are not liable if a product formulation or price changes after it was featured here. If you spot a genuine error in one of my descriptions, please feel free to contact me.
This section outlines how users are allowed to redistribute content originally found on HelloPrettyBird.com as well as the community guidelines.
HelloPrettyBird.com is written and edited by Rebecca B. Bird. All images and written content on this blog are the property of Rebecca B. Bird unless otherwise noted, and may not be used/redistributed elsewhere without proper attribution and in some cases, written consent. For more information, visit my Content Policy & Credits page.
Readers are encouraged to comment on the site and may do so under their name or a nickname, subject to the following community guidelines:
- Users may not post anything threatening, abusive, defamatory or libelous about other users on the site.
- Users may not post anything that infringes someone else's copyright or intellectual property rights. Furthermore, don't post anything confidential or illegal. Common sense, right?
- Users may not post anything excessively vulgar or offensive, and anything pornographic is outright prohibited. In other words, if you say a little curse word or two in your post I'm not going to care, but anything overly distasteful, hateful or foul may be deleted for the sake of other users.
- Comments with an excessive number of links may be removed or flagged as spam. (Note: It is fine if you include a link to your personal site alongside your otherwise meaningful comments).
- HelloPrettyBird.com will not accept responsibility for anything posted in the comments section. Furthermore, I reserve the right to remove any comments that I feel aren't in keeping with my community guidelines.
This section outlines what identifiable information may be collected from you as a user of HelloPrettyBird.com, and how that information may be used. Please be aware that this policy may be modified at any time, in which case this page will be updated to reflect the changes. Your continued use of the site indicates acceptance of the revised policy.
If you wish to disable cookies in general, you may do so through your browser settings. I recommend checking out the website of your preferred browser (Firefox, Chrome, etc.) for instructions on how to do so.
Use of your personally identifiable information:
There may be occasions on which you supply personal information (such as your name, IP address and/or e-mail address for leaving comments). HelloPrettyBird.com will never sell your information, nor will we release your personal information to a third party other than when required by governmental regulation or law. For giveaway winners, we may have to provide your name and mailing address (or other contact information) to the sponsor for prize fulfillment purposes - if that is is the case it will be disclosed in the terms and conditions of the individual giveaway.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act:
HelloPrettyBird.com is in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act). All content on this site is geared towards people aged 13 and up, and we do not collect information from children under the age of 13.
Links to other sites:
HelloPrettyBird.com has no control over the privacy policies of any third-party site we may link to. I recommend that you check out their individual policies if you have any concerns.
HelloPrettyBird.com has no control over who reads the comments posted by users on this site or what they may choose to do with that information, so we recommend exercising caution and common sense regarding your personal information when you post comments.