Hi, I'm Rebecca. I'm a makeup lover, so perhaps I should review Memebox's new "I'm Lip Crayon"? I'm sure that's a good idea, yes. I'm going to do that now.
I'm sure most of you reading are familiar with Memebox at this point, but in case you aren't, here's the deal: They're a Korean beauty box company and web store that ships internationally. When they first opened up shop they were selling products made by other Korean brands, but in recent months they've been releasing a crapton of own-brand makeup and skincare items (some of which I've reviewed here, here and here). "I'm Lip Crayon" is available in six shades, and Memebox was kind enough to send me "Chloe" to test out.
Ingredients (click to enlarge):
I'm Lip Crayon comes in a fairly standard twist-up tube. I do appreciate that they went with black cases for this, because all of the lip crayons I have in white cases end up looking gross after a while. Just saying.
In case you can't tell, Chloe is a vivid red. It looks more pink on my actual lips than it does on my hand, but it's still quite pretty and pigmented. Hey look, my mouth!
Mwah. There are three things I really like about this lip crayon:
- It's properly glossy. Some lip crayons are kind of waxy and therefore a bit dull, but this one has a nice glossy shine.
- It doesn't bleed like crazy if I don't use lip liner. I don't really mind using lip liner, but sometimes you want something you can just throw in your purse and reapply quickly, you know?
- It lasts longer on me than most lip crayons. Most lipstick disappears on me within a few hours, even if I don't eat. Lip crayons (especially the aforementioned waxy crayons) tend to have an especially short life on me, but this one wears more like a lipstick and survives for a few hours. Will you have to reapply if you eat a messy lunch? Yes. But that's normal.
The only downside is that this does transfer easily if you put your mouth on something—coffee cups and love interests beware. Such is the price for luscious glossiness, I guess.
Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by the Memebox I'm Lip Crayon. I'll admit that when they first started releasing tons of their own products I was more than a bit skeptical, but every XO Memebox thing I've tried so far has been of good quality and reasonably priced for what it is, so I think they've actually got a good thing going on.
Memebox I'm Lip Crayon can be found both the USA and Global sections of the shop. The crayons are priced at $7 apiece, or you can purchase a discounted value set of all six shades for $32 in the US shop.
- I'm Lip Crayon in Chloe (USA shipping)
- I'm Lip Crayon in Chloe (Global shipping)
- I'm Lip Crayon Value Set (USA shipping)
- All I'm Lip Crayon color options
Use coupon code 35HBV9 for $3 off any order over $30 (excluding tax and shipping, expires January 31st 2015). You can also get $5 off any order over $100 or $10 off any order over $150 just for shopping through one of my affiliate links, no code required. And don't forget that orders in the USA shop over $30 ship for free!
What do you think of Memebox I'm Lip Crayon? Do you like Chloe or would you go for a different shade?
Disclosure: The product featured in this post was provided to me for review purposes, however any opinions expressed above are honest and my own. I did not receive any other form of compensation. This post contains affiliate links. For more information, check out my full disclosure policy.