For a long time I didn't really "get" Snapchat—I thought it was just a way for people to send each other pictures of their junk. And while I'm sure a lot of people still use it for that, I've started to view it as a quick and easy platform for sharing little snippets of your day. Like Instagram, but with less pressure to make your pictures look amazing, because they vanish after a while. (Yes, I know there are ways to save Snapchat photos, but who's really going to hold onto pictures of my morning oatmeal?)
Here are some of the things I've been posting on there so far:
- Junk pics (as in some of the more "interesting" decor in my home, not my crotch. Har har har)
- First impressions/quick snaps of new beauty stuff I've obtained
- Food. Mmmmmmmmm.
- Sneak peeks of upcoming blog stuff
- Pictures of me making faces
- Pictures of Stan making faces
- Little snapshots and videos of my daily life (c'mon voyeurs, you know you want to see it!)
Anyway, I invite all of you reading to follow me: My username is helloprettybird. I'm happy to add other bloggers back, so feel free to leave a comment with your username or send me a message letting me know who you are. Just don't send me photos of your crotch, OK? Well, unless it's decked out in a fabulous gown or something. Snapchat is so versatile!