Calling all natural and cruelty-free beauty lovers! Pacifica recently launched two NEW (and adorable) products at Target: The Power of Love Coconut Infused Mineral Eye Shadow Palette and Coco Pure Makeup Removing Wipes Facial Towelettes. I've got the details on both—and there might be a chance for folks to win one of the eyeshadow palettes too. Just sayin'. :)
The Power of Love duo is exclusive to Target as part of their "Made to Matter" collection, which is an assortment of featured products from natural, organic, and sustainable brands. Pacifica products are all 100% vegan/cruelty-free and made with sustainable materials, so it's no surprise to see them on the list.
Pacifica Power of Love Coconut Infused Mineral Eye Shadow Palette ($19.99 for 0.2oz/5.7g):
Mmm, coconut. Sounds good enough to eat, but don't eat it. Here's the full ingredients list from the box:
mica, zinc stearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride (coconut source), lauroyl lysine (coconut source), rice starch, cocos nucifera (coconut oil), macrocystic pyrifera (brown kelp) extract, panax (ginseng) root extract. may contain: titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 177491), manganese violet (CI77742), silica, tin oxide.
So in other words: Don't put this on your eyes if you're allergic to coconut. Now that that's settled, let's talk about the packaging!
The Power of Love palette is housed in a very pretty paper palette printed with soy ink. Both the palette shell and outer box are recyclable. There's no mirror in this one, but if you open it up you'll see a very special message:
Aww, shucks Pacifica. You didn't have to say so. The palette has a magnetic closure, FYI.
There are ten shades in this little nugget of joy. Oddly enough, Pacifica lists the names of the shades on the back of the box, but not which pans they correspond to, so I've done my best to guess which is which. If I'm wrong... well... sorry.
- MYSTERIOUS: A shimmery peach.
- BARE: Shimmery bronze-ish color.
- FALLING STAR: Matte (but not chalky) taupe.
- SPIRITED: Blackened green with what looks like little hints of gold.
- DEVOTED: A satiny maroon color.
- SHINE ON: Satiny navy blue.
- TREASURE: A stunning shimmery, coppery hue. This was by far the most pigmented one.
- CRUSH: A satiny eggshell color.
- SOUL: Matte mint green with gold (or maybe light green?) sparkles.
- LUNA: A satiny pale pink. Looks more pink in the pan, but more white on my arm. What is this sorcery?!
Swatches! FYI, the top row was done over Etude House Proof 10 Primer and the bottom one was done over bare skin.
Ooh-la-la. So here's what I think of this palette: I was totally delighted with some of the shades. Mysterious, Spirited and Treasure are my personal faves, but I found most of them to have a smooth, velvety texture and good pigmentation. The only exceptions are Crush, Soul and Luna—I wouldn't say they're bad, but I found them a little trickier to work with than the rest.
What I really love about this palette is the collection of colors. There are plenty of neutral ones in the mix, but also a few pops of color for those days when you're feeling a bit more adventurous.
The only downside is that I think you really do need a good eyeshadow primer to get the most out of this palette—as you can see above, most of the shades show up on bare skin, but don't look nearly as gorgeous and shimmery. Honestly though, I think most shimmery shadows perform better with primer underneath, so this isn't exactly news.
If that's not enough Pacifica for you, they also released a special edition of wipes for the Made to Matter collection: Pacifica Coco Pure Makeup Removing Wipes Facial Towelettes ($6.99 for 30). I'm not going to do a full-on review of these because I think they're extremely similar to their Essential Makeup Removing Wipes—the short version is that they smell amazing (like coconuts) and are great for refreshing skin. They're not the best at cutting through waterproof makeup though. But gosh, isn't the packaging cute?
Speaking of packaging, I have an extra Power of Love eyeshadow palette to give away to one lucky reader! So. Pretty.
RULES AND IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- To enter, use the Rafflecopter widget below. Each entry method may be done once per person, except for tweets, which may be done once per person per day.
- The prize is one Pacifica Power of Love eyeshadow palette, value US $19.99. Thanks to Pacifica for providing it!
- The giveaway is open to worldwide, except where prohibited by law. The full Terms & Conditions can be found in the Rafflecopter widget.
- The giveaway period closes at 11:59PM EST on May 26th, 2015.
- The winner will be contacted via e-mail and will 48 hours to respond in order to claim their prize, so make sure you log into the Rafflecopter widget with a valid e-mail address that you check frequently.
Thanks for reading and good luck! :)
What do you think of the Pacifica Power of Love collection? Do you seek out products that are eco-friendly?
Disclosure: The products featured in this post were provided to me for review purposes, however any opinions expressed above are honest and my own. I did not receive any other form of compensation. This post contains affiliate links. For more information, check out my full disclosure policy.